Last Updated July 2012
Collecting your personal information
When you use the Services we will collect various information about you or relating to you:
- if you sign-up via the Services to become a trial or paid member;
- if you purchase any aspect of the Services from us;
- if you sign-up to our mailing list;
- if you communicate with us via telephone, SMS, email, face-to-face or via social media (including by submitting a query through our website via our Contact page);
- as you visit web pages associated with the Services; and
- from your activities in connection with your use of the Services including in relation to any comments, testimonials or review posted by you.
Becoming a member
Before you can access and use all of the Services’ features, you must register to become a member. This registration process includes agreement by you to our Terms & Conditions).
To register, we ask that you provide us with certain personal information, which may include your:
- email address;
- age; and
- if you are purchasing a service from us, payment details (which may include credit card details and/or bank details).
If you register to become a member in order for your class or school to enjoy the Services, we may also ask that you provide the following information which may be categorised as personal information:
- full school name;
- school address (include street, suburb, state and postcode);
- school contact details;
- school principal’s name and email address;
- the best contact person at the school in respect of the Services (including that person’s title/role, phone number, email address);
- number of enrolled students; and
- the names of teachers that will be using the Services, their email addresses and the year levels they teach.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information to create and maintain your member account profile, and to provide you with the Services (including delivery of newsletters to you).
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, we may use your personal information to:
- provide you with the Services (including by providing you with our newsletters);
- send you information about your member account, the Services or other services we or our related companies provide or any changes or upgrades that we make to those services (including by way of e-marketing, SMS marketing, mail-outs and other forms of advertising and marketing);
- to provide you with any other information or services you request that we provide;
- to answer queries or resolve complaints; and
- when posting comments or testimonials you make in relation to the Services (in this respect only your name and state of residence will be disclosed).
You may communicate with us in relation to the Services via email at email@example.com. We may retain records of those communications for the purposes of contacting you and for our internal purposes.
We may use ‘cookies’ to identify information about your web browser session and personalisation data each time you use the Services. A ‘cookie’ is a small data file that will be stored by your web browser when you access the Services. These cookies do not identify you personally.
Cookies can be used to enhance your use of the Services, as we use them to help personalise our delivery of the Services to you, such as information which is most relevant to your location, activities and interests.
You can set up your browser so that it does not accept our cookies. You can also manually delete our cookies from your browser. However, these actions may stop you from accessing the full benefit of the Services.
How we may share your information
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to our related companies;
- to our professional advisors;
- to law enforcement authorities, if we suspect that an unlawful act is being committed or that such disclosure will prevent that unlawful act; or
- as otherwise required or authorised by law.
Security of your personal information
We will use reasonable security measures to protect your personal information from loss or unauthorised access, use or disclosure.
Your access to your personal information
You are entitled to know what personal information we hold about you. You are also entitled to update or correct your personal information. If you would like to contact us in relation to your personal information, please do so by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third party websites